- Department of Finance proposals for tax changes including discussion papers. July 17, 2017.
- M Wolfson, M Veall, N Brooks, et al. Piercing the Veil: Private Corporations and the Income of the Affluent. Canadian Tax Journal. 2016;64(1):1-30.
- M Wolfson, S Legree. Policy Forum: Private Companies, Professionals, and Income Splitting—Recent Canadian Experience. Canadian tax Journal. 2015;63(3):717-37.
- Towards a Poverty Reduction Strategy – A backgrounder on poverty in Canada. Employment and Social Development Canada. October 2016.
- Household income in Canada: Key results from the 2016 Census. September 13, 2017.
- T Walkom. Bill Morneau, enraged doctors and the difficult art of tax reform. Toronto Star. September 8, 2017.
- Doctors for Tax Equity
- Canadians for Tax Fairness
See also their blog post on the CCPC issue.
- Health Disparities Task Group of the Federal/Provincial/Territorial Advisory Committee on Population Health and Health Security. Reducing Health Disparities – Roles of the Health Sector: Discussion Paper. 2004.
- Canadian Medical Association. Small Business Perspectives of Physician Medical Practices in Canada. March 17, 2016.
- N Brooks. Canadian Tax Journal: The Second Decade—1963-1972. Canadian Tax Journal. 2002;50(2):630-648.
- Arthur Laffer is the American economist who popularized the “Laffer Curve” which claims that lower taxes on the rich spur economic growth. You can see Samantha Bee’s program “Full Frontal” deconstruct this very bad idea.
- Income inequality: Canada on the Brink
- Six facts you need to know about Ottawa’s tax reforms
- Don’t let the shrill voices prevail. Contact the Finance Minister
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives Report de-bunks myths on income sprinkling
- Columnists of Different Political persuasion support the Federal Government’s proposed tax changes